Auto “Pleasure Use”

An auto can be for “pleasure use” if it is not used for business. At the option of the insurance company, pleasure use can include driving to or from work or school, if that location is less than a specified amount of miles (generally three miles away from your home.) Furthermore, it generally can include driving from 3 to 15 miles to school or work only two days a week, or for two weeks in any five-week period, or if your annual mileage is less than 7,500/year. This varies by insurance company.